Saturday, January 2, 2010

Gather 'round the table

I'll start first by protesting my love of dining rooms.  I think they are the center of the home and where a lot of a great memories are made.  Our dining room is not very big and I was planning on bumping out a kitchen wall which will probably make the dining room even smaller, but I don't think a "big" dining room is necessarily a "better" one.  Here are some inspiration pics for the room and furniture.

This was one of the very first dining room pics I'd see online and fell head over heals in love.  I love the clean, crisp feeling it gives me but for some reason I can't see Thanksgiving or Christmas meal in here.  It's just not 'country-rustic' enough for me, but I still wanted to share it cause it's purtty!

Opps and look at this, I seem to want a blue dining room more than I think I realize.  Hmm I guess I could buy all new decor (ie. blue and silver xmas decorations haha)
Outdoor 4 seasons dining

Love these rustic floors!!

I am head over heals in love with this buffet table and those sconces!

 
Just a fun beachy setting that I thought I'd throw in there

Oh boy it's the case of the blues again.  I think I need to seriously evaluate my home decor choices in the future.  I think my subconscious is telling me something and I better start listening!

Ooo how I love thee.  Pottery Barn had this buffet bar for crazzzzzy money.  I'm hoping to find something similar for pennies.  Hey a girl can dream!
 
And lastly, remember how I said I wanted to bump out a kitchen wall, well I think I really like the arch opening better.  I wanted to open it up and I think this is the best way to get more light into both rooms.

Stop back soon,

1 comment:

  1. I love your style/ taste - we could be twins ;-)
    Great photos! The music is a nice touch too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails