Saturday, January 9, 2010

Appliance Show Down

I recently shared a sampling of kitchen inspiration pictures and found a small dilemma (well huge in my eyes).  I cannot decide if Mr. J and I should purchase white appliances for the white cabinet kitchen or stainless steel appliances.  I think I'm going to have nightmares trying to make a decision in this debacle.

           White appliances/butcher block counters          
                                   VS       
                 Stainless appliances/granite counters
                   
















Obviously there are pros and cons to both. For instance, white appliances give the more "cottage-y" vibe that I was looking for, BUT I enjoy how stainless steel can break up all the white in the room.  Then again, the kitchen is small and shaped like a U and I think that having the refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher all stainless will result in too much silver in one area.

I've been told that it really depends on the color of the counter tops as to which color appliances would look best, and I have to agree.  So I will have to put off purchasing a much needed new refrigerator and stove until I can figure our if we'd like to go with butcher block counter tops or granite.  I think I'm going to start writing decisions down on small pieces of paper and picking the winner out of a hat!! :) 

Here's hoping your decisions come to you easier than mine,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails